The S123M Series Hand-Held Ribbon Fiber Fusion Splicers have been enhanced and updated to version 2. The battery is automatically charged internally when connected to AC mains power even during operation. The new illumination lamp lights up a wide area around the V-grooves and helps operation in low light environment. The redesigned and strengthened heater simplifies the protection sleeve loading process.
With their low profile design and light weight bodies the S123M series offer not only ribbon fiber splicing but also single fiber splicing with outstanding mobility and extreme ease-of-use. In addition, the rugged body is designed to endure harsh operating conditions by improving shock/impact resistance with rubber pads embedded on 4 corners of the splicer body. It achieves water resistance compliant IPX2 and dust resistance compliant IP5X.
The fast splice time and protection sleeve shrink time offers a highly efficient work environment. Large battery capacity makes it possible to perform 70 cycles of splicing and heating for S123M4 and 160 cycles for S123M8 and S123M12 with two batteries, while it offers SOC solution as well. By combining portability, ease-of-use, improved speed and durability, the S123M series become and excellent option for use in the conventional telecommunications industry.
- IP-52 – Rugged and compact hand held design for demanding environmental conditions
- Fast splice (15 sec) at low loss and Fast heating (36 sec) for ribbon fiber *1
- Simple operation with Fixed V-groove
- Splicer is compatible with the Seikoh Giken Splice-on-connector (9mm bare fiber SOC)
- 70 cycles (Splicing & heating) for S123M4 and 160 cycles for S123M8 and S123M12 with two batteries *2
- Available for All METRO/LAN/FTTx fibers including ultra bend-insensitive fibers (e.g. EZ-Bend)
- Easy maintenance – Toolless electrode replacement/mirror free alignment system
- Up-and-down fiber clamp system allows automatic fiber re-positioning.
- Easy software upgrade via the Internet
Illumination lamp lights up a wide area around V-grooves
- PC interface software to allow user manage splicing programs and results
- Auto-start shrink sleeve oven feature
- Internal Battery Charging
- Improved GUI to further enhance ease-of-use
- RoHS compliant
*1 By using semi-auto mode for splicing and pre-heating mode for heating.
*2 By using semi-auto mode for splicing and regular mode for heating
S123M12-V2-KIT Hand-Held Fusion Splicer Kit
* S123M12-V2 Splice Body
* HCC-01 Hard Carrying Case
* S218R Thermal Stripper
* S325 One-Action Precision Cleaver
* S712A-012 12-Ribbon Fiber Holders (pair)
* S122-X-A-0008 Fiber Reformer (pair)
* S943B Li-ion Battery
* S976A AC Adapter for S123M
* S969 Spare Electrodes
* D5111 Electrode Cleaning Disk
* FPF-01 Fiber Preparation Fluid
* FW-01 Fiber Wipes
* VGC-01 V-Groove Cleaning Brush