1310/1550 nm 34/32 dB
Noyes Handheld OTDR
Dual-wavelength OTDR/Loss test set for both point-to-point and PON applications.
Note: All OFL280 FlexTester models come with a carry case, (1) SC and (1) FC adapter for the OTDR/OLS port, (1) 2.5 mm universal adapter for the OPM port, (1) 2.5 mm universal adapter for the VFL port, One-Click Cleaner SC/ST/FC (2.5mm), USB cable (connects with Type A USB port on your PC), and AC power adapter with a country specific power cord.
OFL280 FlexTester Multifunction OTDR and Loss Test Set The Noyes OFL280 FlexTester offers an unmatched combination of fiber optic test functions, ease-of-use, portability, and value. All OFL280 FlexTester models include an integrated single-mode 1310/1550 nm OTDR with PON-optimized and standard test modes, optical power meter, 1310/1550 nm laser source, and visual fault locator.
For many users the two-wavelength OFL280-100 will provide the best balance of functionality and value. Testing at 1310 and 1550 nm is normally sufficient to certify point-to-point or FTTx PON fibers and allows the detection of macro bends. The three-wavelength OFL280-101 and OFL280-102 models add 1625 nm or 1490 nm respectively. Testing at 1625 nm allows testing of the L band. Testing at 1490 nm is required by some network operators to certify FTTx PONs. The filtered, three-wavelength OFL280-103 can certify dark fibers at 1310/1550 nm, fault-locate live FTTx fibers at 1625 nm, and measure FTTx power levels at 1490 and 1550 nm, all from a single test port.
The OFL280 FlexTester user interface provides operating modes suitable for a wide range of users and features a top-down menu structure that is both easy to learn and a pleasure to use. OTDR test results may be saved as industry standard SOR files, which can be transferred to a PC for viewing, printing, and analysis using supplied Windows® compatible software.
- Compatible with all Noyes optical power meters and laser sources (OPM/OLS), including tone and wave ID features
- Compatible with Noyes optical fiber identifiers (OFI)
- Integrated hi-power optical power meter
- Integrated visual fault locator (red laser)
- 1310 nm – OTDR, PON OTDR, laser source (CW, wave ID, tone)
- 1550 nm – OTDR, PON OTDR, laser source (CW, wave ID, tone)
- Point-to-point cable construction and troubleshooting – Fiber loss, splice/connection loss and reflectance, fault-location
- FTTx PON construction – Fiber loss, splitter loss and reflectance, splice or connection loss and reflectance, fault-location 1
- FTTx customer fiber troubleshooting – dark fibers (hard faults) – Locate cable cuts, open splices, and bad connections.
- Rugged, handheld and light weight
- Standard OTDR, PON OTDR, live fiber OTDR, and FTTx PON meter all from the same test port
- 1.0 m event dead zone, 3.5 m attenuation dead zone
- 34 dB dynamic range
- Fast Real Time OTDR mode
- Internal storage (>1000 OTDR traces in standard .SOR format)
- High-contrast display is clear and bright in any lighting condition, including direct sunlight
- Transfer test results to a PC via USB
- 10-hour operation, fast charge, Li-Ion battery
- Short power-on time (<5 sec)
- Easy to use and learn
- PON OTDR – FTTx PON construction certification
- Live Fiber OTDR – FTTx service turn-up and troubleshooting
- Full Auto OTDR – Normal (point-to point) fiber cable construction testing and fault location
- Expert OTDR – Full function OTDR for experienced users
- Real Time OTDR – Fault location, splice verification, first connector checker
- End Locator – Quickly locate breaks or measure fiber length
- Optical Power Meter – Measure optical power or fiber loss
- Laser Source – Measure end-to-end loss or trace fibers using the tone feature and a Noyes OFI
- Visual Fault Locator – Red laser for fiber bend/break location and tracing
When ordering, specify model, OTDR port ferule type.
EX. A= APC U=UPC and language Example OFL280-102U-ENG<>
Note: All OFL280 FlexTester models come with a carry case, (1) SC and (1) FC adapter for the OTDR/OLS port, (1) 2.5 mm universal adapter for the OPM port, (1) 2.5 mm universal adapter for the VFL port, One-Click Cleaner SC/ST/FC (2.5mm), USB cable (connects with Type A USB port on your PC), and AC power adapter with a country specific power cord. Contact: Shel at 207-221-3154 website: Tamge.com
Request a full pdf spec of this product from.
We rent and ‘lease to own’. We also take trade-ins. See our Noyes Store.
Warranty: This brand new unit comes with a full 1 year Noyes factory .
Delivery available to job site