The Fujikura 12S is the world’s smallest, lightest and most portable fusion splicer available today. Despite its incredibly small size, this ruggedized, full-featured unit offers unmatched versatility for splicing in the most challenging environments. The innovative transit case and work tray provide multiple options for the best utilization of available work space while the long life battery provides power for up to 100 splice cycles which include application of the splice protection sleeve.
The Fujikura 12S incorporates features typically found only in more expensive models. The large 4.5″ monitor provides a crystal clear image, even in the brightest sunlight, for evaluating splice quality. The electrode life has been extended to 3,000 splices, minimizing downtime for replacement and stabilization. Software updates are accomplished via the internet allowing users to quickly update their software as new splice programs become available. The fully ruggedized chassis provides for shock, dust and moisture protection while the two camera observation system provides for accurate fiber alignment and loss estimation calculations. The Fujikura 12S is also fully compatible with the FuseConnect line of fusion installable connectors.
- Model – Fujikura 12S Fusion Splicer
- Applicable Fibers – Single-mode (G.652 & G.657), Multimode (G.651), DSF (G.653), NZDS (G.655)
- Number of Fibers – Single fiber
- Cladding Diameter/Coating Diameter – 125 μm / 160 μm to 3 mm by fiber holder system
- Cleave Length – 5 mm to 13 mm
- Splice Mode / Heating Mode – Total 100 splice modes / 30 heating modes
- Typical Average Splice Loss – 0.05 dB (SM), 0.02 dB (MM), 0.08 dB (DS) and 0.08 dB (NZDS)
- Splice Time/Tube Heating Time – Typical 15 sec with SM / Typical 30 sec with FP-03 (60 mm) sleeve
- Splice Result Storage – Last 2,000 splices
- Viewing Method/Magnification – 2 axis CMOS camera with 4.47 inch color LCD/100X magnification
- Tension Test – 1.96 to 2.25 N
- Number of Splice/Heat with Battery – Typical 100 cycles with BTR-10
- Electrode Life – 3,000 splices
- Operating Condition – Altitude: 0 to 3,660 m above sea level, Wind: 15 m/sec
- Temperature: -10 to 50 deg C, Humidity: 0 to 95% RH, non-dew
- Rugged Features Shock resistance: 76 cm (30 inch) bottom surface drop
- Dust resistance: Exposure to dust (0.1 to 500 μm dia. Alumina Silicate)
- Rain resistance: H=10 mm/hr for 10 min
- Dimensions – 121W x 162D x 57H (mm) / 4.76 W x 6.38 D x 2.24 H (inches)
- Weight with Battery – 776 g / 1.71 lbs.
Backed by the best service team in the industry, the Fujikura 12S is the ideal splicer to use when portability, ruggedness, versatility and reliability are needed for your splicing application.